6.16.2008

I should go away more often...

I get back to the blue office this morning after a needed weekend off and discover not one funded grant on my desk, but two!


Amazing. Go out of the office for a day and a half and come back to see copies of checks totally $30,000.

My money raised total is now sitting right at $250,000.

Yep. A quarter million. I can't believe it.

One of these grants is the first one I ever wrote. We got the news awhile ago that they were going to fund us, but now we have check in hand. I'm still rather stunned that we got it, given my inexperience in grant writing.

I don't think I really thought about how much money I might raise during my VISTA year, but I have to say, $250,000 is way beyond what I think I might have imagined.

No comments:

VISTA Service Ticker