4.04.2008

Back in the classroom again

Next week I'm trading the blue office for a conference room/classroom to attend a week-long class through the Fundraising School at IU's Center for Philanthropy.

Through a wonderful scholarship (thank you Third Millennium Initiative), I get to go to "Principles and Techniques of Fundraising" and learn how to do what I've been attempting to do for the last 5 months.

My executive director has taken this class in the past and says it's a great crash course on many aspects of fundraising from grants to major gifts to capital projects and planned giving.

Having not had any official schooling on fundraising (save for a few conference sessions) this is a cool opportunity.

It's going to likely be a long week. I haven't sat in a classroom literally all day since, oh, high school. Nevertheless, I've got my pre-class reading to do this weekend and I am armed with highlighters and pens, etc for note-taking.

I'll be back to blogging sometime the week of April 14 and let you know how it went.

No comments:

VISTA Service Ticker